Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I'm helping a friend with this old 2003 Blazer. It was

Customer Question
Chris I'm helping a...

Chris I'm helping a friend with this old 2003 Blazer. It was running good then all at once it started to lost power . The engine was running but would not get over 20 miles an hour.We replace spark plugs and distributor and fuel filter coming from the tank. We have no pulled the fuel pump.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

It consistent but if you let it set for a while it will start and and run good for a few miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Blazer yourself? What have you tried so far?

We have changed spark plugs fuel filter distributor cap points the only thing we having done is pulled the fuel pump itself

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chevy
11/13/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 7 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

By the symptoms, it sounds like the catalytic converter is clogged. Either unbolt the exhaust pipes at the exhaust manifolds or remove the upstream O2 sensors from the exhaust and take for a test drive. If power is restored some, replace the converter

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you