Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Fsecurity light flashing wont turn over. Just flashing. 2005…

Customer Question
Fsecurity light flashing wont...

Fsecurity light flashing wont turn over

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

Just flashing

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2005 equinox

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Equinox yourself? What have you tried so far?

Push alarm 4 times then unlock button and key on for 10 minutes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Wont start

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chevy
11/13/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Try this relearn below

30-Minute Learn Procedure

1. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
2. Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON. The vehicle will not start.
3. Observe the SECURITY telltale. After approximately 10 minutes, the telltale will turn OFF.
4. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
5. Repeat steps 1-4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes. The vehicle is now ready to relearn the passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK.
6. Start the engine. The engine should start if this worked.

If this did not work then a security component is at fault in your vehicle and you will need to have the fault codes read out/checked with a fully compatible scan tool to see what codes are set and then those codes diagnosed and repaired to locate and repair the issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete