Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

On my 2001 6,6 Chevy Duramax-I had a fuel leak that put a…

Customer Question
On my 2001 6,6 Chevy...
On my 2001 6,6 Chevy Duramax-I had a fuel leak that put a gallon of diesel in the oil every 2000 miles. Could not afford to have it completely traced and fixed. I replaced all 8 injectors and new return line seals. I now have code PO206 and P1261. I show power to the injector in the harness. How do I check to see if the injector is working without taking the valve cover off? Your help would be greatly appreciated as I am retired on social security.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chevy
11/12/2017
Chevy Mechanic: TIM MOHR, ASE MASTER TECH replied 8 months ago
TIM MOHR
TIM MOHR, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** these codes, I suspect you recived a bad injector, have you ohmed out number 6 injector yet?

Do you check ohmes by crossing the two points or one point to ground?
Forget it since you can't answer me without it costing me more money! Why don't you just become a scammer!
Good bye!

no, you check the ohms by disconnecting the injector connector, then use an ohm meter to check the 2 pins on the injector.

Screw you the way you want too screw me

I am just trying to help you????? how am I screwing yu???