Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 95 chevy 5.7. I have a problem with egn 1 fuse too…

Customer Question
I have a 95...

I have a 95 chevy 5.7 . I have a problem with egn 1 fuse too but different . so I turned the engine by hand to about 3/4 of a turn to top dead center to retime it. when I was done and went to start the engine it started just fine , but went to tunn it off it would not shit off . it a manual I killed the engine whit the key off all the insterment lights stayed on . I could hear the alteerenater buzzing and a clicking coming from the relay fuse box . the fuel relay was the nosie I pull it stopped replaced it and it stared again pulled each fuse one by one and egn1 would cause the buzzing and clicking in both Idem . with some other trouble shooting the truck would run and shut off with out egn1 fuse removed

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

186 thousand yeah it stared fine . I was putting new plug wires and forgot to mark 1 that's why I was turning it to tdc.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 9-5 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yeah my self .

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It has done it before I was adjusting the vales after I put a new engine in it . I could never hear the buzzing and clicking noise . I was just confused for the lonest time .

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 2 days by:
11/14/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 8 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, I need to get the last 8 of the vin number to see if I have the wiring diagrams for the fuse box and fuse Ign 1