Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My parking brake is stuck and won't release. Yeah, its a…

Customer Question
My parking brake is...

My parking brake is stuck and won't release

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried pumping the regular brake a few times?

Yeah, its a spring loaded parking brake and normally it is about 2/3 of the way toward the floor and now it is pretty much at the floor

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2014 chevy tahoe

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tahoe yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've tried just pumping the emergency brake quicker also pumped the brake pedal but nothing i had to go to work this morning and so i borrowed a car and now trying to figure out the next step

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chevy
11/11/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Mike S., Chevy Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Mike S.
Mike S., Chevy Mechanic

Hi, I am Mike, welcome. I'm reviewing your question.

Does this have a parking brake release handle or is this the automatic type?

it is the automatic spring loaded type

Sorry, I have no information at all about how to diagnose that problem. The only thing I can think of is to release the tension on the single main parking brake cable, under the vehicle and then try to release the parking brake pedal again.

Try this 2014 Chevy Truck Tahoe Parking Brake Cable Adjuster Enabling procedure.

Before that one try this Parking Brake Cable Adjuster Disabling.

Did that answer your question? If so, kindly leave me a positive rating, so I get credit. After all, you have already made the deposit.
If you don't, the deposit you made will just sit there and I won't get my share of it.

Don't forget to rate me well, so I get credit. If you don't, the deposit you made will just sit there and I won't get my share of it.