Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

No spark. Can't seem to scan codes either. Uscan tool is…

Customer Question
No spark. Can't seem...

No spark. Can't seem to scan codes either. Uscan tool is unable to complete the scan for some unknown reason.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

Can't seem to communicate between the module and uscan device so no code shows and unable to reset without communication.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2001

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to fix it myself. I've just started trying to diagnose the problem and can't get my uscan to read the codes so thought I'd look online for typical issues that might cause no spark.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chevy
11/11/2017
Chevy Mechanic: AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN replied 8 months ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome!

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today. I am reviewing the details now.

May I start by getting your VIN please?

If you don't have the VIN, I just need the year, make and model of the vehicle along with the engine size.