Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I got the steering wheel pulled but I cant get the plastic…

Customer Question
I got the steering...

I got the steering wheel pulled but I cant get the plastic lock plate cover off. the guy in the video had screws on his but mine has no screws.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked your tire pressure? Is it a steady pull?

No man, I have a lose steering column and I'm trying to get to the screws that tighten it up but I can't get to the lock plate because I can't get the plastic cover off

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your MiniE?

1990 2500 extended cab 2x4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MiniE yourself? What have you tried so far?

I pulled the steering wheel off. There is a plastic plate over the lock plate and I am trying to remove the plastic piece so I can get to the lock plate

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Chevy
11/11/2017
Chevy Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician

Hello I will help,

The cover is pretty easy to pry up, you are not seeing the lock plate itself?

Can you post a picture?

not seeing lock plate

I am not sure which video you are seeing but this one shows how it is done with the cover in place (click here)

You are at the point you install the lock plate depressor and remove the snap ring. Once you do that the cover and the plate come out together.

Let me know if you have further questions, if nothing further please complete the rating

Thanks

Sorry link to video didn't take (click here)

Is it clear what needs to be done now?