Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I cannot find the ac evaporator drain line on 2013 malibu. I…

Customer Question
I cannot find the...

I cannot find the ac evaporator drain line on 2013 malibu

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Malibu yourself? What have you tried so far?

I didn't do anything yet ?I noticed water on the driver side floor and now I hear swooshing in the dash and no condensation underneath my car so I figure the ac drain is plugged

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I just need the location of the drain

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chevy
11/11/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 8 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, there is a service bulletin out. There is an issue with the shift cable catching and bending the tube to block it from draining. You peel back the carpeting some on passenger side to access it and reposition the shift cable. If ok, you can also reach and disconnect the drain tube from the hvac housing and blow it out or ream it out to clear it of obstructions. Where it exits in the frame underneath is almost impossible to reach, so it is easier to clear it this way.

I have attached the service bulletin for you

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

It’s not pinched
The water is usually on the drivers side also

HI,

Ok, did you take the hose off at the hvac housing and try to blow it out