Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2014 Police Tahoe I bought from Police. The horns…

I have a 2014...

I have a 2014 Police Tahoe I bought from Police. The horns do not work, no power to fuse, power wires to relay not hooked up. Is there a procedure to hook up horns and also the spotlight?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

I could not get it to power at all.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tahoe yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried to get at the horns but they are under the headlights, which have to have the side fender loosened or side panel loosened to remove headlights to get at the headlights. There's a green wire coming from that area inside the radiator on the left disconnected and taped. Applying power does not honk the horn, there's no power in it either. I think perhaps I can get close to horns by taking off the inside wheel well cover, but I wonder what all is disconnected.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I plan on hooking up a trailer hitch to the rear, and I have read that the wires for that are disconnected up front somewhere.

11/10/2017
Mike S.
Mike S., Chevy Mechanic

Hi, I am Mike, welcome. I'm reviewing your question.

Try replacing the horn relay.

Did that answer your question? If so, kindly leave me a positive rating, so I get credit. After all, you have already made the deposit.
If you don't, the deposit you made will just sit there and I won't get my share of it.

Sorry. Thought you might know what is disconnected on Police Tahoe. The relay power is not hooked up, replacing it would not work. They did not hook up the wire to the relay. Just wondered what else is not hooked up.

Are you sure? Which relay? I see this has 2 of them.

The top relay in the diagram has the wire not hooked up, (B+) I would guess, I have to take off the fuse block under the hood to get to it. The wire is available however, so will connect it to power on side of fuse block. Need to go get some nuts to hook it up. I don't know where the second rely would be, perhaps under the dash. Will look for it.

Look under the hood, lower left hand side, near right front fog lamps.

Seems opposite to me cause a right front fog lamp should be on the right side, not the left side but that is what it said.

Just look near each fog lamp.

Ok, will have to look when I take off inner fender shield. It doesn't have fog lights, just black filler caps in there place. Thanks.

You are welcome...Don't forget to rate me well, so I get credit. If you don't, the deposit you made will just sit there and I won't get my share of it.

Mike S.
Mike S., Chevy Mechanic