Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My husband unhooked the electrical connection to rear top…

Customer Question
My husband unhooked the electrical...
My husband unhooked the electrical connection to rear top brake light on 2003 trailblazer the tailgate locked and now can't open to get at connection to connect with door closed
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Chevy
11/9/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Lou P., ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Hello my name is***** am going over your request now and will reply back soon with some info OR a few questions that would help me better determine how to help you. Keep in mind I have no idea of your technical ability or what you do and do not already know. So the more info you can tell me the better. I have been on the site for almost ten years and have oustanding 5 star ratings so trust that I will do everything I can to get you taken care of, Lou
You can manually unlatch the door , climb through the back seats and get to the door panel. There is a little circle plug at the bottom center of just off center of the door panel. Pop it off , the manual release is inside of there . There will be two releases . The first on the left you lift up to unlock then look forward you will see another that you press or push forward to unlatch. Hope this helps. If you need more info please let me know . Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may receive my credit for helping, 5 STARS is ideal. Please request me in the future! Keep in mind that when you rate it does NOT end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back, THANKS! Lou P Master Mercedes-Benz Tech Master ASE Certified
My husband was a mechanic years ago.he was trying to replace my real brake light on top of 2003 trailblazer, followed directions in book but he disconnected the power under the open door, but directions said to open glass latch with hatch closed and open glass window but the door locked, have tried the manual opening in side doesn't open, what do we do
Please help
Are you there
I am here sorry for the delay
The manual open will open the door . Are you or he unlocking the door first with the first lever and then pushing the second lever to pop the door? You may have to help pull the door so it opens when the second latch is pushed
Lou P.
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician