Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I've got a 2009 Chevy Colorado. The passenger side headlight…

Customer Question
I've got a 2009...

I've got a 2009 Chevy Colorado. The passenger side headlight doesnt work on low beam. Replaced bulb and problem persists. swapped relay 47 with wiper relay and problem persists. High beam has always worked. I'm stumped.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

Yes pulled and visually inspected... besides, if it was a fuse the highs wouldnt work

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Colorado yourself? What have you tried so far?

Ive tried all the things ive noted

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I cant think of anything

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chevy
11/9/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Technician replied 8 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

There is a right side headlight fuse in the fuse box under the hood. It's labeled RTHDLP. Check it and let me know.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!

Yeah, that's fuse 12 and it works fine...swapped it with 11 just to make sure...the high beam works just not the low... if it was the fuse then neither would work. I believe I said all this above.

Do you have a test light?
Need to check for power on that fuse when you have the lows on. If it's getting power, then you have to check the orange wire for power out at the bulb at the socket and if it's not getting power, locate the break in the orange wire.

The headlight relay is working or the other side wouldn't be working. If the fuse isn't getting any power then there i an issue with the fuse box itself.

Really need to check this out with a test light. Sorry I missed you had checked the fuse.