Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

How too get the service 4wd light too go out

Customer Question
how too get the service 4wd light too go out
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Chevy
11/7/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 9 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

What has to be done is the fault codes need to be read out of the 4wd computer using a compatible scan tool that will plug in and can read the 4wd computer ( as not all scan tools can do this).Once this is done any codes set then need to be diagnosed to then help locate and repair this issue here.Most of the time it is the 4wd switch needing replaced or the transfer case actuator or the sensor in the actuator needing replaced.Once the fault is repaired then the code is cleared out with the scan tool to turn off the 4wd message.The only way to remove this 4wd light to go out is to clear the codes with a compatible scan tool that can communicate with the 4wd computer.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete