Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

A P1345 Chevrolet - Crankshaft Position-Camshaft Position

i AM GETTING A P1345...
i AM GETTING A P1345 Chevrolet - Crankshaft Position-Camshaft Position FAULT on my 1996 Chevrolet Suburban 454 K25. Bad Timing chain?
JA: How many miles on the car? How responsive has your car been lately?
Customer: seems to have normal power & has not changed. about 275K miles
JA: Are you fixing your Suburban yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing has been touched on the engine
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I guess thst's it
11/4/2017
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today.

With the engine at idle, does the idle fluctuate up and down?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, it idles smooth & normal speed.

Ok. Great. Thank-you. Please give me one moment to type out some info for you. Sit tight one minute... I'll be right back!

Thanks for holding!

If the idle is smooth and steady, then the problem here is going to be a worn distributor. This is actually extremely common on these vehicle. Remove the distributor cap and try to turn the rotor. I think you will find there is a half inch or more of play. If so, the distributor will need to be replaced. Like I say, extremely common. Please be kind enough to leave a rating for our Q&A using the 'stars' at the top of the page or click 'Accept' when I have answered all your questions. A 5-star rating is very much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK.

Glad I could be of some help today! Please remember to leave a rating using the stars at the top of the page! Have a great weekend!

Were there any other questions I could help you with today?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Glad I could be of some help today! Please remember to leave a rating using the stars at the top of the page! Have a great weekend! ????? WHAT? YOU HAVE NOT ANSWERED MY QUESTION!

My apologies! I posted my reply above! Do you not see it?! I will copy-and paste it again for you below:

---------------------

Thanks for holding!If the idle is smooth and steady, then the problem here is going to be a worn distributor. This is actually extremely common on these vehicle. Remove the distributor cap and try to turn the rotor. I think you will find there is a half inch or more of play. If so, the distributor will need to be replaced. Like I say, extremely common. Please be kind enough to leave a rating for our Q&A using the 'stars' at the top of the page or click 'Accept' when I have answered all your questions. A 5-star rating is very much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK, I will check the distributor. Thank U 4 Ur reply.

You're welcome! Glad I could be of some help today! Please remember to leave a rating using the stars at the top of the page! Have a great weekend!

Ron Z.
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -