Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

2011 chevy 3500 6.6 has message poor exhaust fluid quality

message in center console with...
2011 chevy 3500 6.6 has message poor exhaust fluid quality message in center console with speed limited to 55 mph also def quality light (amber ) illuminated in cluster, were do I start? i have programming capabilities as well scan tool able to deal with def / dpf systems has codes p0671 glow plug 1 control circuit ( glow plug?) / p22a0 nox sensor 2 circuit low voltage / p20ee nox catalyst efficiency below threshold / p207f incorrect redundant composition / p0191 fuel rail sensor circuit performance ( pressure sensor?) need to figure this message out and then clear it out
11/3/2017
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

To address these codes diagnostics and repairs have to be done, then you can clear them and the truck will be fixed with no more issues. Do you have or do you need the diagnostic steps for these codes?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am assuming it needs a glow plug #1 / fuel pressure sensor on end of rail. / but the other codes im sketchy on and would need some help

You are correct on the glow plug code. I will need the 8th vin# ***** see which engine you have to get the code diagnostic steps.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
L is the 8th digit also cris if you can im not looking for my hand to be held I do have motor / identifix as information systems however If after you review these codes please give me a suggestion as to what your thoughts are as to repairing them, not just a copy/paste diagnostic trouble tree, I do appreciate it much have a great weekend

Gotchs that helps,

0671 Rarely do I find the glow plug wire to blame, it is normally a open circuit within the plug.

22A0 Nox sensor 2 voltage concern. There is a PCM update that is supposed to fix this if its a computer sensor reading concern, so see if that is needed. Make sure farm fuel has not been used. Perform a DPF regen cleaning. The NOx2 should read approximately 70% less than NOx1 at highway speeds compare them with a scan tool.

20EE Same concerns as 22A0

207F Same concerns as 22A0 but also can be caused by contaminated DEF fluid.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

0191

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok chevy performed the pcm update about a year ago, I performed a regen on it seemed to go fine, it is good fuel intank, so now I would like to attempt to reset this message but don't know how? after the regen it still says the same message. do I drive it? it says speed limited to 55mph

You can try a reset. Disconnect one battery. Then on the other battery remove both cables and hold them together for 1 minute. then reconnect the batteries.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
chris, any other ideas? I tried that but did not work. I have several hi end scanners but im not seing the reset function for that. can you tell me the factory way or any other ideas. after I did that as you described as soon as I put key in on position the warning was there

What codes are stored?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
same codes as b4, I did not repair the glow plug issue (only cause I didn't see the relavence to problem but I plan to) and as far as the other codes are concerned Im not sure were to start. these codes wont clear they come right back even after the battery cable diconnct.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
also I tried draining the def tank via removing it completely and draining it, then reinstalling and refilling it.

A reset is not going to resolve this. You must diagnose and make repairs to resolve these. Have you done any of the diagnostic steps and repairs?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
only cleaning the def tank and performing a regen in my parking lot here. I will perform a highway test and compare data of the nox sensors and post back my findings, thank you for your prompt responce

You are welcome

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician