Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Technician
Experience:  25 years automotive experience, Certified Subaru Tech and Nissan factory trained.

2002 Cavalier Horn Inop. Fuse is good, relay is good, horn

2002 Cavalier Horn Inop. Fuse is good, relay is good, horn is good, so i'm figuring it has to be the switch or the BCM but i can't find testing procedures. any help on this one? thanks.

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Do you have a test light?

Can you hear the horn relay activate when you try to blow the horn?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do have a test light. the relay does not activate when the horn button on the steering wheel is activated. i physically bench tested the relay and it is good. and i jumped the horn and it is good..

Gotcha, from what I can see in the wiring diagram, the only purpose the BCM has is for the locking and unlocking to sound the horn. You know, the beep back when you lock the car.

If you can, pull the horn relay and make sure you have power on slots 85 and 30, if you do, then I agree it will be an issue with the horn switch. This appears to be part of the hazard switch assembly on this car. You can remove the shroud and check and make sure the black wire goes to ground when you press the horn. It should have power on it with the relay plugged in.

Let me know.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
yeah, your right, i misread the diagram. i checked for voltage before i pulled the relay out. i'll go dig around some more. the drag should be straight forward from here. thanks.

You are very welcome and thank you for the rating!