Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

I have smoke coming from the exhaust but I had it checked,

I have white smoke coming...
I have white smoke coming from the exhaust but I had it checked, the injectors and the mech said they are ok within tolerances. the white smoke smells like it has water in it? but I have no loss of power or low coolant
JA: How many miles on the car? How has your mileage been lately?
Customer: +-161000
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 02 2500 GMC SLT
JA: Are you fixing your 2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no I took it to a diesel mech he hooked up some small device up, he couldn't to more cause he was real busy.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: well he said it doesn't seem like the injectors but it may be the EGR?
10/24/2017
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. what engine do you have?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
6.6
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Duramax diesel

ok. standby

is it running ok?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I suppose it is other than the white sink and smell as I stated above no loss of power no engine light

ok

and no coolant loss i see

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
White smoke

could be the egr cooler

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What type of damage will it do and how long can I wait on getting it tested

no damage. you have time

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thanks

now that i think about it I actually remember the egr causing this exact problem a few years ago.

please note customer satisfaction is my number one goal and leaving a 3 stars or more rating for me will allow us to continue this dialogue until you are completely satisfied.and your vehicle is fixed. you may ask as many questions as you'd like at no extra charges. thank you have a great day

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just checked my coolant reservoir and it is below the full line but still has some in there

ok, then the very next thing to do is a pressure test on the coolant system

david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

hows it going?

david craig
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic