Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a transmission fluid leak at the upper transmission…

I have a transmission...

I have a transmission fluid leak at the upper transmission cooler line on a 97 GMC K2500. I don't know how to gain access to remove the line. There seems to be no room to get to it. Do you have any advice?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your GMC 2500. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Not that I can think of.

10/23/2017
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

the upper line at the transmission ?

to access that upper line you need to support the transmission and move the crossmember that supports the rear transmission mount then allow the transmission to tip down that will be enough room to release that line and replace it AND replace the quick connect fitting in the transmission also

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Won't the exhaust need to be disconnected?

it should tip down enough to reach up and disconnect it with a pick to pop out the little clip to release the line

Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician