Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I am trying to identify what transfer case is in my truck.

my vin number is *****...
I am trying to identify what transfer case is in my truck. my vin number is *****
10/19/2017
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

NP5 NP8 NU4 NZZ

NP8 is the code

this is a NVG - 246 transfer case

Transfer Case Description and Operation
General Operation
The New Venture Gear model NVG 246 RPO NP8 transfer case is a two speed automatic, active, transfer case. The NVG 246 EAU provides 5 modes, Auto 4WD, 4HI, 4LO, 2HI and Neutral. The Auto 4WD position allows the capability of an active transfer case, which provides the benefits of on-demand torque biasing wet clutch and easy vehicle tuning through software calibrations. The software calibrations allow more features such as flexible adapt ready position and clutch preload torque levels. The technology allows for vehicle speed dependent clutch torque levels to enhance the performance of the system. For example, the system is calibrated to provide 0 - 6.78 Nm (0 - 5 ft. lbs.) of clutch torque during low speed, low engine torque operation, and predetermined higher torque for 40 km/h (25 mph) and greater. This prevents crow-hop and binding at low speeds and provides higher torque biases at higher vehicle speeds, in order to enhance stability.

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician