Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

It seems to be leaking from a small plug located right

Okay. It seems to be...
Okay. It seems to be leaking from a small plug located right behind the motor mount on the drivers side of the car.It only leaks when the truck is moving. No one seems to know what this plug is for or why it is located in such a hard to get to area.
10/16/2017
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, year model engine size please

I did give this at the beginning. Year is 1986 Chevy S-10 Durango, V6

ok, my information doesnt go back that far. I will open this up to the others. good luck

Tim's Auto Repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you..

is it a 4.3? or the 2.8?

what is it leaking?oil or coolant?

\

It is a 2.8 V6 TB1 LL2
My brother-in-law says there was a wire attached to it when he changed it out, but he disconnected so now I am thinking this wire may have been for the oil read out on the dashboard because this does not work.Susan

yes..i would think the problem here is the oil pressure sending unit.

Tim's Auto Repair
After you sent this to me I looked it up and found that is where ours is located so now we know what it is called and what its function is.We can move forward from here so thank you very much for your response.Susan