Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

1998 chevy siverado 1500 2wd 5.7 vortec code p1345 camshaft

1998 chevy siverado 1500 2wd...
1998 chevy siverado 1500 2wd 5.7 vortec code p1345 camshaft to crankshaft sensor
JA: Does the vehicle stall at low speeds? Does it sputter?
Customer: no it doesnt truck runs great slow to start almost like the starter is weak or battery not got enuff cranking amps but allways starts truck has plenty of power cant get the service eng. light to go off
JA: What is the model of your '98 Chevy?
Customer: 1998 chevy silverado c/k 1500
JA: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes im fixing myself been working for a salvage yard for 17 yrs never had this problem
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: dtc code po134 o2 sensor bank 1 sensor 1p draft sensor i replaced i with new one ,dtc code 2 gas cap replaced it with new one and 3 camshaft to crank position sensor
10/12/2017
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today.

While at idle, does the engine RPM fluctuate up and down?

no it dont

My apologies. There are only a handful of Techs that take phone calls. Unfortunately, I am not one. If you'd like, we can continue here in Q&A chat and I can provide you with the information and help you need, and I can handle any follow-ups you may have. If you'd rather wait for a phone call, please standby until an available Tech can take your call.

well guess i got to talk thru tex

Ok. Great. Roughly how many miles are on the vehicle?

26400

Ok. Great. Please give me one moment to type out some info for you. Sit tight one minute... I'll be right back!

sorry milege is 261,435

Thanks for holding!

Ok, the most common problem associated with the P1345 is a worn distributor. Remove the distributor cap and try to turn the rotor. If the rotor has play in it, the distributor is worn and will need to be replaced. This is actually extremely common on these engines. If the rotor has no play, then the timing chain will need to be inspected for any excessive free play. Like I say though, more times than not, the distributor assembly is the culprit here, especially with that high mileage. Please be kind enough to leave a rating for our Q&A using the 'stars' at the top of the page or click 'Accept' when I have answered all your questions. A 5-star rating is very much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

ok let me chek the dist. for play then i will rate your resolve thnx ron

Sounds good! Glad I could be of some help today! Please remember to leave your rating using the stars at the top of the page! Have a great day!

Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -
i will let me chek first be back in a few min.
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIAN
Phone call session started
Ron Z.
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -