Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I'm trying to figure out my remote start. The parking lights…

Customer Question
I'm trying to figure...

I'm trying to figure out my remote start

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes the parking lights come on when I attempted but won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2008 Malibu

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Malibu yourself? What have you tried so far?

2008 Malibu LT

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes doing it myself

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Chevy
10/5/2017
Chevy Mechanic: GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician replied 10 months ago
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician

Hi there, Is this the GM factory remote start?

IF so, press the lock button once then press and hold the remote starter button for 2 seconds till the lights flash and that will allow it to start.

If the check engine light is on, the system will be disabled so that may need to be fixed first.

I have done that already, there's no check engine light on
The parking lights flash like it wants to start but it doesn't

HAs this ever worked for you?

Are there any codes stored?

It has worked before

Ok, did you try with a different remote?