Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 2004 blazer wont start you can turn key on and turn it…

Customer Question
my 2004 blazer wont start...
my 2004 blazer wont start you can turn key on and turn it over and it wants to start, but it acts like its not getting enough gas?? i can even pump gas pedal and nothing. i replaced the fuel pump and fuel filter, put new gas in it and, it rain great. it was running up to 2 days ago. and now i cant get it to start
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/5/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Gary, Chevy Technician replied 7 months ago
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

will it run on starting fluid or carb cleaner being sprayed down the throttle body ?

where is the throttle body located

is is where the air cleaner hose connects to the top of the engine where the throttle cable connects too is the throttle body

thats the part that opens and closes when u pump gas peddel right

yes

i sprayed starting fluid down there and nothing

can you see if you have spark when cranking it over at the spark plug wires where they connect to the spark plugs ?

if this is not starting up it is missing spark or fuel or compression

we need to see which you are missing

after a few mins of trying to start it you can hear like a puff of air coming out of it like you know when a person is out of breath and they are puffing if that makes sence

i wish you could confirm it had close to 60 PSI of fuel pressure with the key turned on engine off

at the test port on the drivers side of the distributer at the fuel line

how do i test that

with a fuel pressure gauge connected to that test port

if the fuel pressure is good and it will NOT run by adding starting fluid try a new cap and rotor and see if it will run

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

ok thanks

let me know

what does a compression tester do

is screws into where the spark plugs go to check and see if the cylinders have the correct compression of over 120 psi when cranking it over

Gary
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician