Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2012 Chevy Malibu and I'm trying to reprogram a…

Customer Question
I have a 2012...

I have a 2012 Chevy Malibu and I'm trying to reprogram a key

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you want to talk to a Chevy Mechanic?

If they can help

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you want to talk to a Lawyer?

I tried signing on but I forgot my password

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you want to talk to an Email Technician?

A Chevy mechanic please

Mechanic's Assistant: OK. As the Expert's Assistant I have a few questions for you.

Okay

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you want to talk to a Psychologist?

No...

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you want to talk to one of these Experts: Lawyer, TV Technician, Mechanic?

A Chevy mechanic

Mechanic's Assistant: OK. As the Mechanic's Assistant I have a few questions for you. Are you fixing your Malibu yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm trying to reprogram a key

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the key stripped or worn?

Nope

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Chevy
I turned the car on for 10 minutes and then off for three times. I attempted to start it and it shut off on me
10/5/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Mike, Auto Mechanic replied 10 months ago
Mike, Auto Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will be helping you out! I have over thirteen year of experience in the automotive industry for numerous different makes & models. I enjoy doing what I do, it is my life.

There are two ways that will answer your question.

1. I have a document that shows every exact procedure you need to take to perform the key re-learn.

2. The last option should the document for some reason does not help, (which it is the required re-learn procedure for your vehicle), would be to call your local mobile locksmith to program the key.

Let me know if you want to see the document to make that attempt first, thank you. Sincerely, Michael.

The document

ok, I am now preparing the document, please do not forget to rate after, for it will be your answer. If you need any more help after, you can still come back to the question

It was my pleasure answering your question. Now that we have either answered, or somewhat answered the question, I will offer my rating. Please let me know if for some reason you are not satisfied with the results I gave you, let me know because I strive for excellence & a 5 star. If you feel 5 star is not worth it, let me know what else I can do or change. Leaving a bad rating or negative rating only hurts me not the site. So please let me know if there is something I can do for you to earn your 5 star rating. Thank you. Sincerely, Michael.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Did the procedure work? or did the locksmith reprogram?