Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My car starts but my staring wheel is hard to turn. It is…

Customer Question
My car starts but...

My car starts but my staring wheel is hard to turn

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have power steering? Have you checked the power steering fluid?

Yes it is there. But the anit theift is on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

07 Chevy equinox

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Equinox yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes.we tried as u said..but no results...the car starts.. and goes into gear..but the steering is very hard

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can you call us on the phone..5596913030

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/4/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Gary, Chevy Technician replied 8 months ago
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

this steering should be an electric steering system in this

there should not be a power steering pump that the belt runs

did this happen out out of the blue one day ? was it jump started or was anything done to where now this issue is happening ?

is the service steering message displayed ?

I jump started the car last night...I placed the ground on a hot line by mistake..this caused the other car to cut off...I disconnected and placed the cables in their right position...the car started...I then placed the car in a stall..no problem...a few minutes later when I started the car again...the light came on indicating alert activated...the car will start..go into gear..but the steering acts as if it has no power steering
I can't afford to call .so I'll have to wait for your text
You guys took 23.00 dollars

when you jump start these it either blows the fuse for the electric steering or it spikes the electric power steering module and damages it

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

can you check fuses ?

They just took $23 plus 5 from my acct unauthorized...I only requested the $5 charge

in the underhood fuse box check and see if the big 80 amp fuse called EPS fuse # 63 is good if its good and has power at it try disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes and then reconnect the cables if it still doesnt work a shop need to scan the electric steering computer to see if it was damaged

the odds are the module is bad from the jump start spike