Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

It has been running great now all of a sudden it wont go…

Customer Question
It has been running...

It has been running great now all of a sudden it wont go into reverase

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2001 1500 5.3 silverado lt 4wd

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Silverado?

2001

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?

It just happened on my way home from work naturally I checked the fluid I also shiffted into*****

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I have totally rebuilt this motor injectors plugs plug wires coils

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?

I looked in the manual and looked at the fuse boxes I don't see any fuse fore the transmission

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/4/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Jared D, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician

Good evening,

When you put it in reverse does it just rev up? Does it feel like the shifter is lined up correctly and engaging reverse like it should?

the linkage feels fine when you go to drive it works fine so does 3rd 2nd and 1st

Does it seem like it's in neutral when you put it in reverse or does it just stay still like it's in park?

Well thanks for all your help I new better than to ask I can fix every thing on this truck I have one problem I cant solve and you want to rob me I help people all the time for free and it is enjoyable I was born in a different type of people nice and respectfull

I'm sorry, I don't see any of the billing side. I just get to see the question and offer my response. If you have a question about pricing I can flag customer service for you. I don't even get to see how much you pay for the question.

I don't work directly for just answer.

well you assholes took my money and I got no answer typical internet bullshit one day

If it's any consolation I didn't receive any money from you at all.

The way this system works, and incidentally car repair in general, is that you can't take a symptom and turn it into a quick one sentence "answer" that will solve the root of the problem. You have to first determine the root of the problem. This requires some hands on investigation of the symptom, or in this case, some participation from the individual who is asking the initial question. This system doesn't work at all if a two way conversation doesn't occur.

It quickly turns into, as you put it, "internet bulls***"- which is when one person gets angry and spouts off insults knowing that they will never have to meet the other person in real life.

Again, I don't work directly for Just Answer, I'm a mechanic who chooses to use my spare time to help people solve car problems if they are willing to help me help them.

Just Answer charges a fee for access to my help and I receive a small compensation if my customers indicate that they are able to resolve their problem with my help.

GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician