Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

VACUUM BOOSTER AND MASTER CYCLYNER NOW AND BRAKE SWITCH BUT…

Customer Question
VACUUM BOOSTER AND MASTER...

VACUUM BOOSTER AND MASTER CYCLYNER NOW AND BRAKE SWITCH BUT STILL NO BRAKE LIGHTS

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

LOW. AT MAX NOW

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2006CHEVY SILVERADO 1500 V8

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Silverado 1500?

2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Silverado 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I HAVE CHANGED VAC BOOSTER AND MASTER CYLINDER AND BRAKE SWITCH

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

AND YES I BE FIXIN IT ME SELF

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chevy
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
10/3/2017
Chevy Mechanic: GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician replied 8 months ago
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician

Hi there, I am Cam.

In this issue, did you happen to check the output from teh brake switch on the white wire for power with the brake pedal pressed?
Do you hear a click in the brake pedal when you do press it?

Also when you press the brake, is there a SLIGHT amount of play between the brake push rod and the brake pedal?

be right back
no power to the white wire on switch
no play on push rod
power to all the others but not the white one

Ok, if you push the switch centre, does that white get power? ?

Regarding the play, there must be a little bit. That is how the brake switch works. The movement between the rod and brake pedal pin actuates the switch. Aftermarket brake boosters are common for causing this sort of issue.

no power to white wire

Ok, so maybe your new switch is bad. If you just changed it, then lets get it replaced under parts warranty and check it again.

ok

IS there more I can get you?