Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Seat moves up/down but not forward or backwards. 2003.

Customer Question
Seat moves up/down but...

Seat moves up/down but not forward or backwards

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2003

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Disconnected the connector to the seat motor for forward and backwards checked for continuity and there was none of the motor

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

154 k Automatic One of the problems we were having was when you turn the key off to get out of the car the seat would go all the way back in the motor will continue going you’d have to get the switch on the seat to make it stop

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Chevy
10/3/2017
Chevy Mechanic: GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician replied 10 months ago
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician

Hi there, I am CAm.

what model is your Chevy?
Also does it have memory seat operations?