Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 2004 Chevy Suburban Z71 model acts like it's running out…

Customer Question
My 2004 Chevy Suburban...

My 2004 Chevy Suburban Z71 model acts like it's running out of gas after 20 minutes of driving after another 20 minutes to a half-hour of rest it runs normal again then acts like it's running out of gas again this procedure goes on and on after 20 minutes to a half-hour of driving the vehicle chugs and chugs and will only do idle speed acts like it's running out of gas I let it rest for a half an hour to 20 minutes and it drives normalHolbrook

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Yes it starts just fine I drove about five hundred miles I think bad gas was put in it and it's really from an older gas caddy type tank that was stored for hurricane season and it does seem to be using more gas than normal but I haven't really noticed

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Suburban yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have not tried anything so far I'm still dying trying to diagnose the problem I've been told and from what I've researched it could be the fuel filter which on this model I think is in the gas tank along with the sender pump because I have not been able to find it in any YouTube video I have watched it is not attached to the frame under the driver's side so there's no fuel filter that's easy to get at

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No just that this vehicle is needed very badly my wife is currently going through treatment for cancer and it is our only means of transportation funds are limited also I've done a lot of work on cars before but nothing really this new any help would be very much appreciated

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/3/2017
Chevy Mechanic: GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician replied 10 months ago
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician

Hi there, I am Cam.

quick question to start, what is the 8th digit of your Vin? T or Z?