Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Theft deterrent light on while driving then car started

Customer Question
Theft deterrent light on...

Theft deterrent light on while driving then car started strangely now it won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Far left side picture of a lock

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

07

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've just tried to start it would like to fix myself if possible

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Don't reckon

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Chevy
10/3/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 10 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

What model vehicle?

Do you get the same results with both keys?

Is the theft light on or flashing with the key in the run position?

07 HHR light is on
when car is running

Do you have access to a scan tool to diagnose as well as repair this if programming ends up being the outcome?

Is the theft light on or flashing with the key in the run position, when it will not start?

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris