Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy Equinox 2012. Key won't come out of ignition and car…

Customer Question
Chevy Equinox 2012....

Chevy Equinox 2012. Key won't come out of ignition and car won't start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yes. Tried to charge and it did nothing. No lights come on. The steering wheel turns but key won't come out

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Equinox yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried to charge it and everything is dead, no lights, nothing. The battery is only two years old and have had no other problems. drove it yesterday and no problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Chevy
Not sure this service is going to work for me. How do I go ahead and cancel? Didin't like the prompts that came up for the different types of service.Thank you
10/1/2017
Chevy Mechanic: JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy replied 10 months ago
JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer

My name is***** am a Independent Auto expert did you still require my help or do you want me to send you to customer service?

I was concerned what I had signed up for with the different prompts and what I might be charged for. I looks like a subscription service, and I'm not interested in that.
I do need to figure out my problem, but not if I have to have a monthly fee like the site made it look like.

Ican get you customer service phone # after we resolve your issue? will that work?

We have the battery charger on again. The key not coming out is really strange. I just don't understand the charges, since it said for $5.00 you can get an answer.

not sure how the payment works... all symptoms point to a dead battery the key switch is electronic and if the battery is dead it will not allow the key to release.. what kind of charger are you using how many amp? jumper cables are likley faster then a trickle charger..that can take hours

trying to get it to charge. Thanks for your help.

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you
Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.