Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Left turn signals does'nt work and right turn signal stays…

Left turn signals does'nt...

Left turn signals does'nt work and right turn signal stays on-2008 chevy hhr

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

Looked in manual and don't know which fuse controls them

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your HHR?

2008

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your HHR yourself? What have you tried so far?

Wanted to know if this is a diy or do i need a professional-haven't tried anything yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's all for now thanks

9/30/2017
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician

Left signal doesn't work at all, the bulbs don't light up or anything? And right signal is staying lit on the dash, or on the outside bulbs too?

all lights are working and also the hazard light works
did you get my answer?

The body control module controls all lights on this car. If your lights are malfunctioning, it's likely due to a failed BCM. A replacement BCM requires programming that only your dealer can do, so for this reason, my recommendation is to have the dealer look at this, diagnose it, and likely repair it by replacing the BCM.

Please take a moment to rate my answers, that's how I get compensated. If you have further questions, I am happy to follow up with you.

no problems with the lights-just need to know if i need to replace the fuses and which ones to repplace

All lights are working? I thought the original complaint was that the left signals don't work, and the right signals stay on?

I think the problem may be a crack in the signal lever-the signal lights work. when I turn the lever for a left turn-the left turn signals but does not stay in place after the wheels straighten, signaling to the right, the signals light stays on after the wheels straighten. I thought maybe a fuse may have been blown-all the signal lights work- it's just that the left signal does not stay on-the lever pops back in place and the right signals does not pop back in place-the right turn signal light continues to flash and the left light comes on but does not stay in place while turning. I think i see a crack in the turn signal arm(?)-don't know the correct term for this. I think I'll take the car in and have a mechanic check it out.

Ah, I understand what you're saying now. The turn signal switch is broken and needs to be replaced. It's called a multifunction switch, because obviously it does many more things than just turn signals, but if it won't stay on and/or won't cancel on its own, the switch needs to be replaced.

Please take a moment to rate my answers, that's how I get compensated. If you have more questions, I am happy to follow up with you.

Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician