Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Question for ( gm tech ) p0336 crank sensor on 2000 chevy…

Customer Question
question for ( GARY gm...
question for ( GARY gm tech ) p0336 crank sensor on 2000 chevy silverado 5.3 vin#1gcek19t8ye 131288 i asked this question last week but with no conclusion but repaired several other things since
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chevy
9/30/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician replied 7 months ago
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician

Have you replaced the crank sensor yet?

no but whats your satisfaction score and i didn't see your name in choices so what are you qualifications last week i spent one and a half hours typing to someone that knew less than me SORRY not trying to be rude or start off bad but i paid for nothing and was eligible for refund but thought i still had credit but i just paid again so ill deal with that later

I am one of the highest rated GM experts on this site, with over 30 years experience and a remarkable customer satisfaction rating. Further, if I felt like I wasn't qualified to deal with your P0336, I probably would have passed on the question.

P0336 refers to CKP sensor performance, so the PCM sees the CKP and the signal, but the signal is erratic, and that's what sets this code. The natural thing to do when you get a P0336 is to replace the CKP sensor and see if that fixes it, so that's why that was my first question out of the gate. This can also be caused if the CKP sensor signal wire is touching ground, anywhere. I've seen this happen, it's hard to find when it happens, but replacing the CKP sensor should come first.

well ok but you didn't answer my first question !! words like remarkable and 30 years experience and highest rated is not what i asked. what is your rating number and ? do you work for a chevy dealer daily and if so how long? and your answer about what the CKP does is not what i was looking for i wanted to know what are ALL the possible things that will set this code . what are the things to look for when you R&R sensor and aren't there any tests to preform before you just start replacing parts ?

4591 satisfied customers and a 97.3% positive feedback. I worked in GM dealerships for many years, and now I own a repair shop.

well why does it say 1667 rating next to your name and now you say 4591 ??? confused? and every time you respond since the beginning of this your response is blurry and i cannot read them unless i go back to my e mail and open up a new window and then its visible ???? and this is not worth the aggravation ! well i cant give you a feedback number but i too was a heavy line mechanic in a chevy dealer back in the 80S and i too own a repair shop now and i am state licensed in michigan .and this is why i don't need generic answers .and if i wanted to just throw parts at it i wouldn't be here asking questions . and that's why i wanted to talk to a chevy tech that works on these every day and can tell me about all the bulletins and things they have ran into with this code on the old silverados

I am a Chevy mechanic, and I see these every day of my life. I am offering the help you are looking for, including schematics, access to all of GM's service information, and my years of experience. You've done nothing but harass me since I offered to help you, and you wouldn't even answer the first question I had for you.

Good luck with your problem, sir. I have other nice people waiting on me here.

well i guess you are not going to respond so i am done with this for tonight another waste of time ! thanks for all the technical advice . but i would like an explanation why the guy i requested did not get my question? and your two conflicting rating numbers answers ???
Chevy Mechanic: GM Bob, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
GM Bob
GM Bob, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is Bob.

I tried to help you before. Here is the link to the question.

http://professional.justanswer.com/chat/index/23b622f221164f1cbb4a076c60b540d5

You never got back with me. I would like to help you.

GM Bob
GM Bob
GM Bob, ASE Certified Technician