Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I rearended another vehicle, bent the front bumper on my…

Customer Question
I rearended another vehicle...

I rearended another vehicle, bent the front bumper on my 2006 Silverado pickup and the air bag deployed. Can I operate the pickup without an airbag?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, how fast were you going and what did you hit?

About 15-20 miles per hour and hit the back bumper of a car

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?

Only have liability so I need to do just enough to drive it. No fluid leaks and it drives fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is about all. Thought I would remove the front bumper, cut the bag out and just tape up the steering wheel

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Chevy
9/29/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Chris, Auto Service Technician replied 10 months ago
Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Yes you can operate/drive the truck without an airbag, but keep in mind that the airbag light will be on. It will not hurt it to drive though. When you can, get the airbag replaced.

Chris

I hope this information/answer is helpful, and if so would you please help me and rate my service using the stars at the top of the page or 'accept' my answer.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.
If you cannot rate or do not see where to rate, please let me know!
You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank-you!

Chris

Hello? were you able to see my answer?

Good morning! Just checking back to see if you received my answer from yesterday. If not, please let me know and I will resend it. If you did and was helpful, would you kindly take a moment to accept or rate my service using the star rating system? If you cannot rate or do not want to, please tell me why so I can provide better service for my future customers?

Thank you.

Chris

Good evening! Just checking back to see if you received my answer from yesterday. If not, please let me know and I will resend it. If you did and was helpful, would you kindly take a moment to accept or rate my service using the star rating system? If you cannot rate or do not want to, please tell me why so I can provide better service for my future customers? Thank you. Chris