Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Electric seat does not work. It has power to all wires at…

Customer Question
Electric seat does not...

Electric seat does not work. It has power to all wires at the control buttons and both wires at all three connectors on motors.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?

Read above, I have power through both orange wires going to seat controls. All fuses are good.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

98 suburban 1500

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Suburban 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

History, carpet replacement due to excessive "fluid" in seat. Electrical connector at floor severely corroded. I replaced the connector and soldered all connections covered with shrink tube and taped all together. Power and grounds are same as before.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Most confusing is power to all wires at control panel.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Chevy
9/28/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

so if you have power and ground next is to check the tan and light green wire for foward and reverse, one should have ground and the other power when switch is flipped

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Shawn.