Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy truck engine 305 is keep continually blowing black…

Customer Question
Mike Chevy truck engine...

Mike Chevy truck engine 305 is keep continually blowing black smoke and

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you been losing oil or coolant?

No I am not losing oil or anything my truck just continually blowing black smoke out of my tail pipes and flooding

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

My truck is a 1992 Chevy Half Ton 1500 I have went through at least three engines over the years I had my truck this engine been running good but I am now having throttle body problem I have put everything on that throttle body around it but it still continue flooding and blowing black smoke out of the tailpipe I had this truck for 20 years

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I had tried to rebuild my throttle body I've had put up Auto L control valve I have put a new oxygen sensor I had I had checked Viking leaks I have checked ground wires on top of the intake valve I have done a lot of work on his truck in the past month still no good results

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No but you can contact me at +1-***-***-**** my name is*****

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Chevy
9/28/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician replied 10 months ago
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician

Hi Delco. Do you have a scan tool that will read data on this truck?