Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I think it could be the fuel injector(s) cuz I used to hear…

Customer Question
I think it could...

I think it could be the fuel injector(s) cuz I used to hear a click of the injector(s) when I turned the key and now I don't so I'm thinkin its either injector(s) or fuel pump

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

I think the keys ok it turns over fast but just wont start

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

It's a 1995 Chevy Beretta 2.2 L engine 5 spd.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Beretta yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I'm at a bit of a loss with this one I fixed my 1989 Ford Ranger (replaced the fuel pump) with the help of a friend that was easy cuz we just removed the box. But I fear with this one I'll be taking it to a shop

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Well the car unlocks it self too but that's another matter entirely so, I guess no.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Chevy
9/27/2017
Chevy Mechanic: AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN replied 10 months ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

You are now connected with a mechanic.

I am very sorry you're having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

• I don't know your skill level or background.
  • I also don't know the vehicle's history other than what you have and provide me with here on this page.
  • Please keep in mind, I cannot see the vehicle and I am not there to run the tests and check things as needed. My answers are solely based on the information you provide me with.
  • If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.
  • If you don't understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.
  • Please understand that I am here to help.

Are you saying that the engine cranks over but does not start?

Have you checked for codes stored in the computer?

Are you looking for some possible causes?

Don't know how I would check the codes I don't know where the computer is-you mean on the car

Would you be willing to speak on the phone?

If not, no worries, we can continue on this page.

Let me know!

Never mind cancel conversation and refund me
Thanks

You can do that on your end.

Have a great day!

Keep in mind, once the problem is diagnosed, I can save you a lot of money on the repair.

I will be here if you would like to know how.

In order to diagnose the problem I will have to have car taken to a garage

Two things.

First, you don't have to if you're going to tackle this problem yourself. I can help with that.

Second, even if you do take it to a shop, I can still save you money on the repair.