Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Its not starting. I sit for a while in my car in parking.

Customer Question
Its not starting Mechanic's...

Its not starting

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

I sit for a while in my car in parking. After 1hr i ready to go back but its not start it acts like a battery weak

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2011 chevy

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Traverse

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I m selfing my car but only tik tik tik i heard

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Chevy
9/27/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Kevin, Auto Mechanic replied 10 months ago
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic

Hi I'm Kevin I would agree from your description it sounds as though battery voltage is too low to start . You will either need to jump start or charge battery

Jump start means

Use jump leads from another vehicles battery to boost your battery

If i start in the morning. Is that possible it starts
Without doing anything

It's possible . What your describing now sounds like a battery voltage issue . The only way to be sure is to check battery voltage with a volt meter which I'm guessing you don't have with you . I would try to jump start or charge battery before going any further

Jump start car and let me know what happens . If you've had radio or ignition turned on for an hour it won't start this will drain battery to the point it's too low to crank engine

please remember to rate my service and let me know if you need anything else at all