Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Misplaced the key and fab to silence alarm lock made me

Customer Question
Misplaced the key and...

Misplaced the key and fab to silence alarm lock smith made me another key drove the van a couple of blocks parked and the alarm sounded when I tried to dtarted paid to a guy to disable alarm he came over and pull the alarm off completely but van still wont start

Mechanic's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

Chevy astro van 1999

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Astro yourself? What have you tried so far?

Paid a friend 40 dollars he disconnected the alarm box but still did not work

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/27/2017
Chevy Mechanic: BOBBYSS, Master Technician replied 10 months ago
BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Hello my name is***** sounds like the factory alarm is disabling the starting system. You need to try and manually reset it. Put the key into the ignition and without cranking the engine leave the key in the run position for 10 minutes. Then turn the key off without removing it and turn it back to run for 10 more minutes. Then off and back to run for a third ten minute cycle. After the third time turn the key off and then try starting it. If it still will not start then you will need a scan tool to program the key to the vehicle. Please let me know if you need more help.