Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I own a 2011 Equinox. Just recently the vehicle wouldn't…

Customer Question
I own a 2011...

I own a 2011 Equinox. Just recently the vehicle wouldn't start. There was no sound at all when trying to start. I waited a few seconds and then tried again. It started but all of my radio settings were gone and needed to be reset, the speed when traveling was gone which needed to be reset. Now every time I start the car I need to reset both of these. Today it seemed like the vehicle was slow to start but it did and again I needed to reset bot settings as mentioned above. Is this a computer chip issue or a battery issue?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

They don't seem to be corroded.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Equinox yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing, I would not attempt to fix it myself.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing at the moment thanks

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Chevy
9/26/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Ivan Alvarez,
 replied 9 months ago
Ivan Alvarez

H​ello welcome to just answer. Can you send me the vehicles vin number so I can look up some info for you.

I don't have it at the moment as I am at work and cant leave to get.
Chevy Mechanic: Ivan Alvarez,
 replied 9 months ago

O​k. When ever you have a chance is ok. Also are you just lookin for possible causes or did you want e to walk you through some testing to figure out the problem?

are you able to provide me any suggestions of what it could be?
Chevy Mechanic: Ivan Alvarez,
 replied 9 months ago

Give me a few minute to look over the starting circuit and I will get back to you shortly.

Chevy Mechanic: Ivan Alvarez,
 replied 9 months ago

Do you know of hand if the engine is a 2.4 or a 3.0?

it is a 3.0
Chevy Mechanic: Ivan Alvarez,
 replied 9 months ago

There is a few possible causes. You my have a worn ignition switch, weak battery, blown fuses, and worst case scenario a bad body control module. Unfortunately I cant pinpoint the cause with out some electrical testing.

ok, I will leave it there. Thank you for your help. I think I will need to take it to the dealer to look at.
Chevy Mechanic: Ivan Alvarez,
 replied 9 months ago

I would be able to walk you through some testing but you would need a volt meter.

Chevy Mechanic: Ivan Alvarez,
 replied 9 months ago

This post will stay open for 7 days if you have any other questions.