Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I was pulling a trailer wentry to to accelerate and the

Customer Question
I was pulling a...

I was pulling a trailer wentry to to accelerate and the truck died pulled over truck started up went fine went to accelerate and it bogged down pull over shut of truck restart it goes fine. I have a 94 5.7

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?

Transmission jus re built a year ago no haven't checked fuel filters. It didn't do it after I dropped trailer off

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '94 Chevy?

Chevy Cheyenne 4 x 4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am .and nothing yet I want to investigate before I dump money

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It it stalled twice but all the other times it just went into a limp mode but once I pulled over shut it down started back up it went fine for probably 20 minutes

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Chevy
9/26/2017
Chevy Mechanic: AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN replied 10 months ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. This condition is most likely caused by faulty fuel pump. It stops working once it heats up. Then starts working again after it cools down. Again based on my experience this is the most likely possible cause.