Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2003 Chevy Duramax LB7. Just changed all 8

Customer Question
injectors a month ago. About...
I have a 2003 Chevy Duramax LB7. Just changed all 8 injectors a month ago. About a week after the change my temp gauge started bouncing all over the place. I changed the temp gauge and it worked for about a week. Now it is jumping all over again giving me "hot engine coolant" and "engine overheat" warnings. I just ohm check the sensor and it read 420. So it seems the sensor is reading correctly. Please help, the beeping while driving is extremely annoying.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Chevy
9/26/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 10 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

Have you compared gauge reading to PCM reading using a scan tool to temp gun aimed at the thermostat housing?

The gauge reading is too erratic to every get a reading. It goes from 0-160-0-260-0-260-160-260-0 constantly. I do not have a temp gun. My scan tool is on loan at the moment and I will get it back tomorrow. I have ohmed out the sensor and it was right about 160 after running it for about 10-15 minutes.

Do you want to hold off till you get your tool back so I have more info to diagnose from?

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris