Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Full battery no power in the cab. It's like there is no

Customer Question
Full battery no power...

Full battery no power in the cab

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

It's like there is no battery

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Cab?

2012 chevy colorado

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cab yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried to jump it off. checked the battery with a volt meter but there is no power inside the truck

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Iv'e got power in the fuse box by the battery just not in the cab

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/25/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician replied 8 months ago
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician

There is no power at the fuse box in the cabin? At any of the fuses?

the fuse box shows power. coming in a going out
no more money so just type it in

With the key on, take a test light and just touch the top of each fuse. There are two tiny metal tabs on each fuse top, touch each one with the test light and make note of which ones don't have power on them, and let me know what they are.

every fuse shows power i turned the key on.no power in the cab head light wont turn on nothing turns on
are you there

I am, bear with me as I am helping multiple people at once. Let me look at some schematics and come back to you.

okay thank you

No headlamps is a good clue. The body control module controls the headlamps, as well as just about everything else in one way or another. I would have a scan tool on this to see if I could communicate with BCM, from the sounds of it, I would say your BCM is faulty, or has no power, or something like that. I would definitely start by looking in the direction of the BCM, though, and attack this as a headlight issue. If you can get the headlights to work, you can probably get everything else to work, and the headlights are a pretty simple circuit to work out. The BCM is simply in control of them, and apparently the BCM is not working.

A good first step is a hard reset. Disconnect both battery cables, and touch the cable ends together for a few seconds. Then, reconnect and see if the situation has changed. If it's still the same, you're going to need a good scan tool, at the very least.

i will give it a try and get back to you

OK, let me know if you need anything else.

Please take the time to rate my answers, that's how I get compensated. If you have further questions, I am happy to follow up with you.

Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician