Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I left my keys in my 06 H3 while I went into Walmart and now…

Hi. I left my...

Hi. I left my keys in my 06 H3 while I went into Walmart and now my truck won't start and my keys are stuck in the ignition. Someone already tried jump starting it and that won't work either. Please help!

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

The steering wheel will turn but everything is dead

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your H3 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've only just tried jump starting it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's pretty much it

9/24/2017
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

does the horn work ?

No
The horn doesn't work

if the horn does NOT work the battery is bad

as the horn just needs power from the battery to the underhood fuse box to work

with NO horn the battery is dead

replacing the battery should fix this problem if the battery cables are clean and tight

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician