Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My chevy equinox is over heating while idling and loosing…

Customer Question
My chevy equinox is...

My chevy equinox is over heating while idling and loosing radiator fluid. I do not smell it in the exhaust. I do believe the thermostat needs replaced.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?

I do not see a leak when parked and it is loosing coolant somewhere.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Equinox?

2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Equinox yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, and so far I have just added coolant.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Chevy
9/24/2017
Chevy Mechanic: JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy replied 9 months ago
JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.
can you see where its leaking?

No I don't see where it is leaking.

do you have a general area where its leaking? are you fixing yourself?