Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Replaced the dead battery. the engine locked up and wont…

Customer Question
Replaced the dead battery...

Replaced the dead battery. the engine locked up and wont crank

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

Yes, the voltmeter shows 12 volts. to ensure i used jumper cable with my f350 truck with no result. the instrument panel has a lock sign when i turn ignition on. Wander if i have to find a way to unlock that

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your F350?

2008

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No no no. nothing wrong with the f350. I wanted to give extra juice to the chevy to see it would crank. so i used jumper cable to connect the chevy with my f350 to jump chevy

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is it going to cost me?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Chevy
9/24/2017
Chevy Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 10 months ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

You have to do a relearn on the security system. What is the year make, model and engine size of your car/truck?

2007 chevy HHR, 6 cylinder. thats all i know. i am not at the car at this moment