Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Service AWD and ABS lights come on after I have driven for a…

Customer Question
Service AWD and ABS...

Service AWD and ABS lights come on after I have driven for a long ways; then after it sits for a while there are no lights after I start it up again. Its a 2001 AWD Astro van

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?

No just the ABS and not the brake warning light; but the service AWD light comes on too

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Astro yourself? What have you tried so far?

New fluid in transfer case and both differentials, replaced abs control module, and new front brakes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Sometimes its only the AWD light that comes on; and sometimes I can get that to go out if I let the vehicle coast in neutral and shut the engine off, then restart it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Chevy
9/24/2017
Chevy Mechanic: JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy replied 10 months ago
JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

have you scanned for abs codes?

I had autozone scan for trouble codes which came back as C0266, P0101, P0317, P0155, P0300 and U1300. (in this case the check engine light had come on and I pulled into one of their stores; later after I had stopped elsewhere the check engine light did not and has not come back on again). However, the AWD & ABS lights did come on and have stayed on so far tonight. If past experience is any guide they would now be off if I went down and started it up again, but would illuminate later typically after I had shut it off and then restarted it
it would be fine for you to call for the $26 fee, but it would have to be next week M-F after 12 noon MST

so do you want to focus on the abs light? seems like you have multiple issues

no, the AWD light

none of those codes are for the awd does yur scan tool have body control functions

like I say, I just took it to autozone. I don't have any scan equipment
does the ABS module affect the AWD? the AWD is what my concern is

you need to communicate with the trasfer case module to pull codes and the autozone computer will not do that.. you will need to buy a decent scan tool or pay a shop to pull the codes...

ok, thanks

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue
If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.
A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated
If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue
Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.
you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue
(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)
Thank You
John S