Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Engine light still blinking after and rough idle after I…

Customer Question
Engine light still blinking...

Engine light still blinking after and rough idle after I change the fuel pressure regulator

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the vehicle? And when was it last serviced?

149506, feb 24th

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2003 tahoe

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tahoe yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, the light just started blinking today and I took it to auto for the check engine light and it gave code P0300...they told me it was the fuel pressure regulator

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It idle rougher with the a/c on

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/23/2017
Chevy Mechanic: JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy replied 9 months ago
JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

thats a missfire code has it been tuned up?

Not since feb 24th

likley it has a bad coil or failed plug wire...that code is not for a fuel pressure regulator... coils and wires will likley solve the flashing light

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue
If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.
A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated
If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue
Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.
you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue
(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)
Thank You
John S

Chevy Mechanic: JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy replied 8 months ago

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.
A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated
Thank You
John S