Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 97 Chevy half ton that won't start. Has 63 psi

fuel. Has spark. Yesterday it...
I have a 97 Chevy half ton that won't start. Has 63 psi fuel. Has spark. Yesterday it would only start if you did not push on the gas peddle. But would start if you did not push on it and then seem to run fine. Now it will not start. I put a little carb cleaner in it and it try's to start just pops
9/23/2017
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

ok, does the fuel pressure hold while cranking???

do you have a noid light to see if the pcm is commanding the injectors on???

can you check for power to the injectors??

Roy

Not sure if the psi holds while cranking will go and check it.
I don't now about the mood light were do I look.
I don't now how to check power to injectors

1. ok let me know

2. any parts store carries it. you disconnect the injector and insert the noid light and see if it flashes while cranking

3. use a voltmeter or test light

Roy

Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest
Tested the fuel while cranking and it drops down to forty psi and when stop cranking it goes back to sixty
Phone call session started
Put the new fuel pump in and the psi stays now when cranking. The truck still won’t start. Acts like it wants to but has not yet

ok, can you check for spark. now that we have the fuel pressure corrected lets see what the spark looks like

I have spark

have you tried spraying some carb cleaner into the air filter and see if it will start??

also, pull one of the plugs and see if it is dry or wet with fuel

Roy

I put some carb cleaner in and it acts like it might start. I pulled a plug and they are wet

I would start by replacing the plugs as they may be fouled.

Roy