Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

I have a 97 Chevy half ton that won't start. Has 63 psi

I have a 97 Chevy half ton that won't start. Has 63 psi fuel. Has spark. Yesterday it would only start if you did not push on the gas peddle. But would start if you did not push on it and then seem to run fine. Now it will not start. I put a little carb cleaner in it and it try's to start just pops

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

ok, does the fuel pressure hold while cranking???

do you have a noid light to see if the pcm is commanding the injectors on???

can you check for power to the injectors??

Roy

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Not sure if the psi holds while cranking will go and check it.
I don't now about the mood light were do I look.
I don't now how to check power to injectors

1. ok let me know

2. any parts store carries it. you disconnect the injector and insert the noid light and see if it flashes while cranking

3. use a voltmeter or test light

Roy

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Tested the fuel while cranking and it drops down to forty psi and when stop cranking it goes back to sixty
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Put the new fuel pump in and the psi stays now when cranking. The truck still won’t start. Acts like it wants to but has not yet

ok, can you check for spark. now that we have the fuel pressure corrected lets see what the spark looks like

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I have spark

have you tried spraying some carb cleaner into the air filter and see if it will start??

also, pull one of the plugs and see if it is dry or wet with fuel

Roy

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I put some carb cleaner in and it acts like it might start. I pulled a plug and they are wet

I would start by replacing the plugs as they may be fouled.

Roy