Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Chevy Diagnostics
18617752

HHR 2.4 Ecotec oil pan gasket? I have 2007 2.4 HHR leaking

HHR 2.4 Ecotec oil pan gasket? I have 2007 2.4 HHR leaking oil. Visual inspection seems points to it coming from oil pan seal (185,000 miles). Don't see any gaskets listed on part sites, and one or two posts that there isnt one, just sealant? Can someone confirm? I usually use Permatex Blue RTV Silcone gasket maker. Of course I am going to drop the pan, clean up everything, then reassemble.

Hi Al! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and type out my reply. Sit tight one minute... I'll be right back!

Thanks for holding. Al.

On this engine, there is no gasket. You will make the gasket using silicone sealant. Ensure that the oil pan and the sealing surface on the lower crankcase are free of all oil and debris. Apply a 2 mm bead of sealant around the perimeter of the oil pan and the oil suction port opening. DO NOT over apply the sealant. More than a 2 mm bead is not required. Please be kind enough to leave a rating for our Q&A using the 'stars' at the top of the page or click 'Accept' when I have answered all your questions. A 5-star rating is very much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.