Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 97 chevy blazer that is dead in the morning for the…

I have a 97...

I have a 97 chevy blazer that is dead in the morning for the last 3 days. i changed the spark pluges 3 days ago. i have checked both ends of the cables and had the battry and altinator checked and both are good. no cables are touching anywhere.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? When did you last change the plugs?

It was 4 years ago.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Blazer yourself? What have you tried so far?

Its my sisters car and it was pass tine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think thats it

9/23/2017
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

When you say dead, I'm assuming you are referring to the battery? Is it starting with a jump start?

Has the battery been tested?

Common causes are a bad battery or radio. I'd start by having battery load tested which you can have done at your local parts store for free. If that doesn't help remove fuse 11 and 13 from interior fuse box, if that stops battery from going dead the radio needs to be replaced. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Dan, Technician
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, Automotive Consultant
Phone call session started